We have now changed our route and reduced the miles. We are still walking to Cornwall. We will be walking for 6 days straight - first day 26 miles followed by 5 days of just over 20 miles. This is still going to be a huge challenge for us, seeing as our 14 mile walk the other day floored us.
We are off out walking tomorrow with Alfie Dog - we are going to take him through the Two Tunnels which is a revamped old railway line. www.twotunnels.org.uk We have only ever cycled through the first tunnel but thought it was pretty cool, so I'm looking forward to that.
I'm really happy to say that the very kind owners at Hereon House
( www.stayhereonhouse.co.uk ) have donated a nights stay. The lovely B&B is located in Bampton in Devon and will be our third stop.
Another amazing raffle prize has been added today by www.harry-b.co.uk. We now have a limited edition HarryB beach towel to win! Check out the website to see some nifty children's towelling shorts, handy pompon wraps and fun beach towels.
My mum received a letter today from Fab Club inviting Ella to the national jamboree camp in October. This was exciting news, however the day Ella will be coming home is the day we are having our Send Off Event and our first day of the walk! What are the chances of that?!
We are hoping to arrange for Ella to get picked up on the last night so she doesn't miss anything. If that's not possible, I think it's important for her to go anyway. After all, this is why we are fundraising!
Lets keep our fingers crossed that things move quickly from now. I'm still waiting to hear about booking a space in Bath for the Send Off Event. I have chased this but I have still not received any response! In the meantime, a marquee is still desperately needed. If anyone happens to have one, toss it my way please!
Katiejanegroves@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment