Sunday, 8 September 2013

New boots and bad moods

So it's a disheartening day in my Fundraising Land. It's sad for me to write a negative post however I guess in the interest of keeping it real...

Me and Steve both work full time and like many couples, don't get to see that much of each other. We've had just over a week off together, which has been amazing. Cornwall was lovely and it was a good chance to get excited about walking down there.

It was our last day off together today and I thought I would try out my new walking boots. So we started off on our walk with quite a few hills, perks of walking in Bath, and I started off very positive.

After 10 miles I was in agony at the front of my feet just above the ankle. Oouch! We continued our walk and ended up back at home after 14.22 miles. I literally couldn't take another step. 

We treated ourselves to a nice meal. We sat there with our amazing dinner feeling very disheartened. What have we agreed to do?! Why did we choose such a distance?! I honestly never realised how hard walking could be, I mean its just walking right?!

We will be continuing our walking, building up our distance and see how we get on, however I'm not sure we can honestly walk 200 miles.. I still need to walk to Cornwall, however I'm thinking maybe not right at the bottom! 

On another bad note, the kindness and generosity we experienced from Glastonbury has not been seen from anywhere else I have contacted. It's a hard one as we have raised around £265 for our chosen charities. If we have to pay for our B&B's along the way we are looking at £500-£600 that we could have donated straight to the charities without taking time off of work, without purchasing expensive walking bits, without walking in agony, without a mamouth amount of time organising everything. 

On the brighter side, looking at the raffle prizes people have donated and all the retweets I have been getting on Twitter, I know we have amazing support which I am very grateful for. 

I need to rest my weary body and wake up on the right side of the bed.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment