Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Do you want a new piece of art for your wall? I know just the thing!

It's been a a busy time in my fundraising land! I don't know which part to start with..

I met up with a couple of the volunteers from FAB Club for a cup of tea and a chat on Sunday. We spoke about the walk, the Send Of Event and I left with a bunch of FAB goodies to help me raise money. I'm so pleased to be raising awareness for such an amazing charity. The people who run it really are stars.



Tuesday, I tried to get in town early enough to take a look around the new Cotswold Shop on Abbey Gate Street, before work (with no help from my invisible Park & Ride bus) and was greeted with goodie bags for our walk! These bits will keep us warm and toasty along the way. I was very impressed with the standard of the shop and Alex, the manager, was very helpful. 



I also popped in to Stag (4 North Parade) to talk about a donation for my children's table. I can honestly say, I have never loved a shop more! They had the loveliest stationary items, beautiful scarfs, amazing section of children's books and the list goes on. I came away with a HUGE donation in the form of items to sell at our Event. The children's craft table is going to be amazing - lots of great Christmas presents. 

Here is a pic of a small selection of the items donated



My flyers have been printed by Minute Man and can be seen in a few shops around Bath. Please email me at katiejanegroves@gmail.com if you would be willing to display our Event Flyer. (I would really appreciate it) 

Here is a pic of the flyer



Our lottery license has been issued so watch this space for our raffle tickets! I can't wait to get them sold. At this moment in time, whoever buys a ticket is guaranteed a prize!!  On that note, David Dixon (Lib Dem Councillor) has arranged another raffle prize. The lucky winner of this one, will be having tea with the Mayor of Bath in the Parlour! Oh I say! 

I took a walk in to the wonderful Guild Hall Market today and spoke to Mike and Jane in Funtastic. They will be providing some colourful balloons for our Event - what lovely people! 

I contacted Harvest on Walcot Street, Bath. I know from experience that they do delicious take away soup, so I asked if they would donate soup cups for our Event. They have kindly agreed! Check them out - lovely food and some great products. 

I also had a call from Higos Insurance today and spoke to someone regarding a quote for our event and walk. They said they are going to see whether they can help us out with this, depending on how the quote comes back. Fingers crossed its positive as this would really be a huge help.  

Phew!! I think that was all..  Quite an eventful day really and I also had time to get my hair done! 

If you could all keep your fingers crossed for weather like today to happen Sunday 3rd November. Peppa Pig likes clear blue skies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment